[Mageia-discuss] No USB on VirtualBox

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Fri Jun 3 06:01:18 CEST 2011

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 01:30:22 PM mageia-discuss-request at mageia.org wrote:
> I am in Digest mode.
> I have just installed Version 4.0.8 on top with --force.  It didn't
> recompile  DKMS, and the splash screen still shows 4.0.6.
>
> Doug.

This is weird.  Using "urpmi --force" the command ran, but nothing was
installed.

I cleared out all the Mageia RPMs, including dkms-virtualbox, and ran "rpm -
Uvh --force --nodeps"  That installed the 4.0.8 version, which compiled new
modules. Then Virtualbox wouldn't start until I created a symlink to
libcrypto.so.0.9.8.  I reinstalled the extension pack, but am still seeing "No
USB devices attached" in the status bar for the guest OS.

Doug.