[Mageia-discuss] Wy only firefox 5?

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Wed Jun 22 00:52:08 CEST 2011

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU a écrit :

>> But it was announced weeks ago that Firefox 5 will be released today.
>> If you develope add-on you should know it and act accordingly (Mozilla
>> even sends reminders for developers!).
>

> Hold on. Find me another product with such a short lifetime:
> FF 4.0 was released on March 22, 2011
> FF 5.0 was released on June 21, 2011
> That makes it THREE MONTHS ONLY!!!
>
> Believe me, I am using FF because I am used with it and no other browser has:
> -- HttpFox
> -- select text, right-click, View Source (for selection)
> -- menu bar and everything "the classic way", not like Chrome/Chromium
>
> Otherwise,
> I hate Mozilla more than I hate Apple,
> I hate Apple more than I hate Google,
> I hate Google more than I hate Microsoft,
> and I really hate Microsoft.
>
> R-C

for what it's worth, I read a Mozilla blog a little while back talking of plans to make versions 5
& 6 updates to 4, as well as plans to automate compatibility ajustment of addons.
Also, the new development system has parallel development of 4/5/6, etc.
It is supposed to provide more stability.  Certainly it requires more work to support the parallel
streams.

As far as your frustation with Mozilla documentation, easy to understand :)
I've make a few personal patches (cludges) to overcome problems that weren't fixed.  (With
Seamonkey, the browser side is almost identical to Firefox.)

When I get frustrated, I try to spend a little more time getting fresh air, in nature to relax ...
whatever works for you.

take care :)

--
André