[Mageia-discuss] Kmail

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 23:07:34 CEST 2011

Op zondag 17 juli 2011 16:55:07 schreef Wolfgang Bornath:
> 2011/7/17 Maarten Vanraes <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com>:

> >> New KMail (KMail2) should have some archiving options, though I've not
> >> tried it myself, just know because I've translated strings indicating to
> >> the possibility.
> >
> > does it have some nice blocking options?
> >
> > I'd like to block complete threads that are started by a specific person
> > on the -dev ML
> >
> > also if he would reply to a thread, all threading further down that
> > chain...
>
> Ok, it's OT but what would you gain by that? You would not have to
> read the mails of this specific person, fine, but you will also miss
> all other mails by all other people participating in such threads. And
> what makes you believe that neither this spcific person nor all others
> will not say anything of interest for you in such threads?
>
> In an environment like this here - especially the -dev list - I regard
> this way as counter-productive for yourself but also for all others,
> to say the least.

from what i saw, this particular thread (but actually this also happened with
incitement for a flamefest. I do have only limited time, and if all that time
is being spent in reading emails...

Now i easily can and _have_ ignored this thread (mark thread as read); i admit
i'm not really planning on doing this kind of blocking atm, and i do think
that given a few more new threads by this person and the problem will have
sorted itself (ie: no more people replying to it), and i also admit that my
frustration got the better of me, and looking at this email the opportunity
presented itself for a kind of a "statement-ish statement" which is completely
OT.

As such, i would like to ask anyone here to refrain from commenting on this
thread, as it appears thinking back on this that i'm no better with regards to
trolling than the person of whom i'm sure you know who i meant.

Sorry.