[Mageia-discuss] Kmail

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Sun Jul 17 17:51:53 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 04:55:07PM +0200, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>2011/7/17 Maarten Vanraes <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com>:
>>> New KMail (KMail2) should have some archiving options, though I've not
>>> tried it myself, just know because I've translated strings indicating to
>>> the possibility.
>>
>> does it have some nice blocking options?
>>
>> I'd like to block complete threads that are started by a specific person on the
>> -dev ML
>>
>> also if he would reply to a thread, all threading further down that chain...
>
>Ok, it's OT but what would you gain by that? You would not have to
>read the mails of this specific person, fine, but you will also miss
>all other mails by all other people participating in such threads. And
>what makes you believe that neither this spcific person nor all others
>will not say anything of interest for you in such threads?
>
>In an environment like this here - especially the -dev list - I regard
>this way as counter-productive for yourself but also for all others,
>to say the least.

I think said person has disqualified himself completely in the eyes of
many. Without an apology from their side, I can well understand that
Oliver and Maarten have no desire in reading further any posts by this
person and to have low expectations on the quality and constructiveness of
any threads this person participates in.

Remco