[Mageia-discuss] Fw: xmessage ?

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sat Sep 10 13:07:41 CEST 2011

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 14:06:54 +0300
From: Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org>
To: "Renaud (Ron) Olgiati" <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org>
Subject: Re: [Mageia-discuss] xmessage ?

Hello Ron,

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 06:21:44 -0400
"Renaud (Ron) Olgiati" <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 10 Sep 2011 02:10 my mailbox was graced by a message from Shlomi
> Fish who wrote:
> > OK, next time hit reply-to-list or reply-to-all as I request in my
> > signature.
>
> Since you have set your mail client to send, so that "Reply" will only go to
> you, I feel compelled to respect that choice.
>
> If really you want replies to go to the list, you should set your mail client
> accordingly., and not rely to a note stuck at the extreme end of your message.

Are you referring to the Reply-To: header?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=reply%20to&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

If so, I'm not going to set it for every message I send so it will send it to
the list. I don't think most E-mail clients support it. What I can try doing is
hitting reply-to-list only, but still if the mailing list does not include a
reply-to header then people might still reply to me in private.

I include the note at the bottom to educate people and as a way to say
"You've replied to me in private? Shame on you! You should have read what I
wrote there.". In any case, hitting reply-to-all-recipients is common sense and
common courtesy, and that's what you should do from now on.

> Cheers,
>
> Ron.
>
> PS I had not read that far down, and missed the signature.

You should have read my signature.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish