[Mageia-discuss] What happened with the "find file" tool in Konqueror ?

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Sun Sep 18 17:35:38 CEST 2011

Am 18.09.2011 14:14, schrieb Renaud (Ron) Olgiati:
> On Sunday 18 Sep 2011 07:58 my mailbox was graced by a message from Renaud
> (Ron) Olgiati who wrote:
>> Is there no way to return kfind in its proper place, in the Konqueror
>> Tools  menu ?
>
> Or maybe add it to the Action part of the Application Launcher Menu ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron.
Well, ask our KDE maintainer, Balcaen John (aka mikala in IRC) about that
and then maybe open up a bugreport about the problem after you've
checked back with him.

Sorry, can't really help you there further as i don't use Konqueror except as
split-window FTP client and haven't needed kfile anymore so far.
If you're not adverse to the CLI you can use locate or grep -Ri
for both main use cases of kfind, both are way less ressource-consuming,
way faster than kfind and not prone to freeze/crash KDE like kfind for more
complex searches ;)