[Mageia-discuss] HP all in one DeskJet 1050 J410

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 08:01:00 CEST 2011

on Sun, 18 Sep 2011 22:37
in the Usenet newsgroup gmane.linux.mageia.user
TJ wrote:

> On 09/18/2011 01:01 AM, blind Pete wrote:
>> on Fri, 16 Sep 2011 23:15
>> in the Usenet newsgroup gmane.linux.mageia.user
>> TJ wrote:
>>
>>> On 09/16/2011 06:56 AM, Florian Hubold wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>>>

>>> Agreed. If you haven't checked it, try making a black copy. I know that
>>> if I don't use my Officejet for 2-3 months, the black can stop flowing.
>>> Generally, removing the cartridge and dabbing the nozzle area with a
>>> damp paper towel is all that's needed to get it going again.
>>
>> How could I test that the printer itself is working?  That is what the
>> "Test Page" is for.
>>
>>> From some distributions (Fedora 14, I think) it does print black, but
>> that was missing something else - text I think.
>>
> My mistake. The only HP all-in-ones that I have had, an Officejet and a
> PSC, have each had "copy" buttons for making both black and color copies
> as a stand-alone device. I made the mistake of assuming yours was the
> same. It confirms the adage, "Never assume."

Actually there are black and color buttons, but I already knew that
all of the inks were printing.

Having gone back and looked at the "manual" it would seem that
removing and inserting the cartridges and closing the door
should cause an alignment page to be printed.  It does not.

It looks like a hardware problem.

--
blind Pete
Sig goes here...