[Mageia-discuss] HP all in one DeskJet 1050 J410

TJ andrewsfarm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 14:42:08 CEST 2011

On 09/19/2011 02:01 AM, blind Pete wrote:

> Actually there are black and color buttons, but I already knew that
> all of the inks were printing.
>
> Having gone back and looked at the "manual" it would seem that
> removing and inserting the cartridges and closing the door
> should cause an alignment page to be printed.  It does not.
>
> It looks like a hardware problem.

My Deskjet 5650 is like that, but removing and re-inserting the same
cartridges doesn't generate the alignment page on mine. At least one
cartridge has to be different from the ones that generated the last
alignment. With my Officejet, the printer just nags me to "Press Enter
to align cartridges" until I do it, but that too is only after replacing
a cartridge.

The problem still might not be the printer itself, but one of the
cartridges or even a dirty contact or two. It would be worth a shot to
remove each cartridge and clean the contacts on both the cartridge and
the printer.