[Mageia-discuss] MANDATORY READ : 7 days before misc unleashes CERBERUS !

Juergen Harms Juergen.Harms at unige.ch
Tue Oct 4 19:16:13 CEST 2011

On 10/04/2011 05:54 PM, Samuel Verschelde wrote:
> we're already doing it with the mentoring program

I realise very much. But at the long term the problem might not be
mentoring, but recruiting - how?

 > ideas that you can apply to find more, please do

That is why I am making noise (-. But maybe the "discuss" list is not
the right place - people who read this list will know already.

> I don't understand this last sentence. Do you mean we shouldn't maintain
> Mageia 1? I think this is not what you mean, but then I don't understand.

What I mean is: the team that made Mageia 1 has done a great job - it is
evident, that they are needed to play a similar leading role with
Mageia2. Off-loading all (most) work concerned with keeping Mageia1 in
shape to maintainers is the evident solution to keep their load within
limits - another aspect why having maintainers is essential (I assume
that, at present, if an essential package is broken and has no
maintainer, the developers play a role as a last ressort).