[Mageia-discuss] Network connection at install time

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Mon Oct 10 13:18:57 CEST 2011

2011/10/10 Frank Griffin <ftg at roadrunner.com>:

> If the network failure is with a wired interface (eth0), then you have a
> simple way to verify this without going very far into an install.  On the
> DVD, in the {i586/x86_64}/install/images directory, find and burn the
> boot.iso to a CD-R(W).  Then boot that CD, it ENTER for install, and choose
> HTTP from the options.  The installer will ask you several questions about
> what your network connection requires.  If you get as far as having it ask
> you  for the name of the HTTP server, then your network card works with the
> installer.  If you don't, the messages on VC1/3/4 will probably tell you
> why.  None of this will affect anything on your machine, so it's a
> non-intrusive test.

Hum, IIRC, I experienced the same problem as Len with all my DVD
installs: everything is okay except for network connection, which is
then available with no issue on the first boot.
Still, I installed Mageia RC with a net install thanks to boot.iso,
and there was no issue.

So the point may be elsewhere, maybe related to what andre said about his ISP?

Regards,
Rémi / Akien