[Mageia-discuss] Mandriva 2011 looks nice

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 16 11:02:24 CET 2011

Am Mittwoch, 16. November 2011, 10:52:50 schrieb Lucien XU:
> Le mercredi 16 novembre 2011 10:48:02 Lucien XU a écrit :
> > Hi
> >
> > I have just seen that Mandriva has released their 2011 version, and it
> > looks nice. It provides some useful things that we may be able to port
> > to Mageia. I do not want to have their theme (even if it is really cute
> > and beautiful, but too childish for me), but their KDM and their "simple
> > welcome" applet are kinda cool.
I have seen Mdv-2011 now while being on the OpenRheinRuhr (we were sharing a
booth with the German Mandriva user community there).
And I had the pleasure of installing it on one of their pcs and I am shocked
by what they did to the system.
The installer is crappy (installing several GB of unneeded locales and drivers
without asking if it should remove them - has to be done after the
installation, if you know, how to do it) and their KDE desktop is just ugly in
my eyes. But beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder...

Oliver