[Mageia-discuss] Mandriva 2011 looks nice

TJ andrewsfarm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:37:13 CET 2011

On 11/16/2011 05:48 AM, Lucien XU wrote:

> I was studying the different comments from mandriva forum / users blog
> It seems that Rosa's stuff is not yet stable. Some says that Mageia is more
> "Mandriva" than 2011.

You might want to try looking at Google Groups' archives of
alt.os.linux.mandriva for more comments. As with the other forums, some
like it, others don't. A significant number of those who don't like it
have moved to Mageia, because they believe it's truer to its Mandriva
roots than MDV 2011.

I haven't tried MDV 2011 yet, so I can't comment from personal
experience with it, but many of those comments are the reason I switched
to Mageia. As I've said in this forum before, it seemed to me that The
new Mandriva was the fork that went off in a new direction, while Mageia
remained on the course I preferred. While I'm not against looking at new
things, I would caution against allowing that newness to move us too far
off-course.

And now that I've thoroughly mixed my metaphors...

TJ