[Mageia-discuss] Laptop running hot

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Fri Aug 10 03:49:13 CEST 2012

On Friday 10 August 2012 01:33, andre999 wrote:
> You could try opening up the portable and cleaning out the dust that has
> (inevitably) accumulated.  It might be affecting the temporature sensor
> which controls the fan.

Dust is not the only enemy to elexctical equipment.
A friend of mine had a laptop 11 years ago that he had constant problems with after 6 months. He turned it in for repairs. When he picked it up afterwards, the support staff said it was full of lard, grease or fat if you will. At that moment it dawned on him that perhaps the kitchen where they cooked their dinner was not the best place for a computer.

Having said that, I have an old computer myself that have heat problems, and it is not dusty, as far as I can see. And I cant locate all the screws I need to remove in order to get to the cpu fan, so i can clean it up. So I can understand the frustration. :-)=

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324