[Mageia-discuss] Transfer files Nexus 7 - was " UEFI and Secure Boot"

Goh Lip lipg at gmx.com
Sun Aug 12 08:13:35 CEST 2012

On 08/12/2012 05:13 AM, KevinO wrote:
> On 08/11/2012 11:18 AM, Goh Lip wrote:
>
>> Darn, but I cannot transfer files from my computer to Google Nexus without going
>> through Windows (or Apple), anybody found a way to do that in Linux? (OTG usb
>> won't work in jelly bean too)
>>
>> Cheers - Goh Lip
>>
> I have a Nexus 7 and a laptop running Mageia 1 with Gnome as the display manager.
>
> After connecting the USB cable to the two devices, log into the Nexus and use the
> pull-down screen on the Nexus to put the device into PTP mode. If needed, unplug
> the USB cable, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in again. A Nautilus screen
> will pop up and allow you to drag-and-drop files.
>
> You will only be able to move files from/to the Nexus in a couple of directories,
> but you can use a file manager app on the Nexus to get around this.
>
> Works for me....

Hey, it works on my Bodhi Linux (E17) PCfm file manager.
My Mageia (and others) are KDE and doesn't work with Dolphin file
manager. I don't have any Gnome (or Unity) installed anywhere.

Thanks for your help, Kevin. Appreciate it.

Now if I can get OTG usb drive to work...
Maybe if I root the device....but the Nexus 7 is too new

So I have no reason now to use Windows...unless my sons bring more than
3 friends over to play networked Starcraft... ;(

Cheers and thanks - Goh Lip