[Mageia-discuss] UEFI and Secure Boot

KevinO kevin at kevino.org
Sat Aug 11 23:13:45 CEST 2012

On 08/11/2012 11:18 AM, Goh Lip wrote:

> Darn, but I cannot transfer files from my computer to Google Nexus without going
> through Windows (or Apple), anybody found a way to do that in Linux? (OTG usb
> won't work in jelly bean too)
>
> Cheers - Goh Lip

I have a Nexus 7 and a laptop running Mageia 1 with Gnome as the display manager.

After connecting the USB cable to the two devices, log into the Nexus and use the
pull-down screen on the Nexus to put the device into PTP mode. If needed, unplug
the USB cable, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in again. A Nautilus screen
will pop up and allow you to drag-and-drop files.

You will only be able to move files from/to the Nexus in a couple of directories,
but you can use a file manager app on the Nexus to get around this.

Works for me....

--
KevinO