[Mageia-discuss] MariaDB usage statistics

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Wed Aug 15 12:06:48 CEST 2012

Op woensdag 15 augustus 2012 12:38:47 schreef blind Pete:
> AL13N wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As you all likely know, at mageia we replaced MySQL with MariaDB.
> >
> > When MariaDB devs told me that it seemed their biggest market was Windows,
> > I was really astounded.
> >
> > They then referred me to the feedback plug and this statistics page:
> > http://mariadb.org/feedback_plugin/stats/os/
> >
> > The explanation is quite simple:
> >  - Windows users need to download the version from MariaDB site (which has
> >
> > feedback enabled by default).
> >
> >  - Linux users can get it from MariaDB site, or from their own distro.
> >  (and
> >
> > those versions don't have feedback enabled by default at all...) (for good
> > reason).
> >
> > Still, the numbers are completely wrong, and therefor, i urge all of you
> > to load the feedback plugin for all servers you manage! so that these
> > statistics can better influence both MariaDB and Mageia.
> >
> > How to enable feedback plugin? easy:
> >
> > 1. install mariadb-feedback package
> > 2. load it in your config file, by adding it to your plugin-load line:
> >
> > (in /etc/my.cnf )
> >
> > plugin_dir=/usr/lib64/mysql/plugin
> > plugin-load=ha_archive.so;ha_blackhole.so;ha_federatedx.so;feedback.so
> >
> > 3. if possible, if you're using KDE, your akonadi also uses mariadb. so
> > you can add this to your akonadi mariadb config file too, in mysqld
> > section:
> >
> > (in ~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf )
>
> Could that file be overwritten in an update?
> There is a comment in that file that suggests
> personalization should be somewhere else.

i don't think so, since it's in the user's homedir...

if it's being overwritten, it'll be overwritten by the akonadi program itself,
or maybe akonadiconsole or something... but i doubt it, i think it's only
being made for new users...

> > [mysqld]
> > plugin_dir=/usr/lib64/mysql/plugin
> > plugin-load=feedback.so
>
> Perhaps create a file ~/.config/akonadi/mysql-local.conf
> that contains the line
>
> plugin-load=feedback.so

but if that's the file that's being used for custom things, then sure, by all
means.