[Mageia-discuss] Applications open and close

Paul Simon psimon at sonic.net
Fri Aug 17 01:34:18 CEST 2012

Mageia 1.

Most times when I open an application from the desktop or command line it
will open and in about one second will close, i.e., Firefox. Recently
installed Opera behaves normally.  I've lost Webmin after upgrade.
Sometimes the app will open and will close with a mouse click.  This all
seemed to happen after I inadvertently change the application open style and
back.

I would like to fix this without reloading the OS.

Thanks for your help.

Paul Simon