[Mageia-discuss] Dual-booting Mageia

jpbfree jpierre.benoit at free.fr
Sat Dec 15 17:37:59 CET 2012

Le 15/12/2012 16:38, Anne Wilson a écrit :

Don't know if this will help, but i made a USB key (should be the same
with a usb drive)
close to what was once mdk/v everywhere.

here are the steps:
1/from my laptop I started with a live CD (live usb stick should work also)
2/boot on the live cd/stick and install the distib on the
    USB stick/drive as you would do for a internal drive.
3/when asked if you want to remove drivers for unused hardware say no
(keep them).
4/ intall the boot sector on this stick/drive.
5/that's all

I did that on a cheap 32GB USB stick and in addition at install time I
partitioned the key
and copy part of my /home on it (thunderbird and some documents/photos).

I booted my home server, my desktop machine and my
old iron of AcerAspire ONE with that key without problems.
(They all have different drive controler and different video cards).

OTH

JPB

-- GNU/Linux: il y a moins bien mais c'est plus cher!