[Mageia-discuss] Priority issues with latest Cauldron updates

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sun Jul 1 13:35:47 CEST 2012

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 13:21:36 +0200
Anne Nicolas <ennael at mageia.org> wrote:

> > Sounds as though the guys at KDE have been on the drink again.
>
> I'm pretty sure you will hardly find some help from these "drunk
> guys" if you speak like that
> >
> > Doug.

True, but why are there so many updates from KDE?  As in this example,
there is a complete replacement within hours.  Searching through
syslog, there were so many updates to KDE within two months that it
was impossible to find the right one.  They sent it out without caring
if it worked or not.  I am used to KDE, but I use Xfce because it can be
relied on to work, and not to do the unexpected, or obscure my desktop
with useless popups like a porn site.

Doug.