[Mageia-discuss] Priority issues with latest Cauldron updates

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 13:45:29 CEST 2012

On 1 July 2012 12:35, Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au> wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 13:21:36 +0200
> Anne Nicolas <ennael at mageia.org> wrote:
>
>> > Sounds as though the guys at KDE have been on the drink again.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure you will hardly find some help from these "drunk
>> guys" if you speak like that
>> >
>> > Doug.
>
> True, but why are there so many updates from KDE?  As in this example,
> there is a complete replacement within hours.  Searching through
> syslog, there were so many updates to KDE within two months that it
> was impossible to find the right one.  They sent it out without caring
> if it worked or not.  I am used to KDE, but I use Xfce because it can be
> relied on to work, and not to do the unexpected, or obscure my desktop
> with useless popups like a porn site.
>
> Doug.

The main KDE maintainer has been having computer issues for some time
now, but is expected back soon, and while this doesn't explain the
issues it should be kept in mind. I for one have had no major
problems, but then again I haven't updated regularly, just a few times
in large in the last month or so.