[Mageia-discuss] Mageia 2 from scratch - problems

Alejandro López listas.apl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:13:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

I installed Mageia 2 on 2 new systems where no previous installation was
available. This means it wasn't an upgrade, but a complete install from the
DVD. While doing this, I fall in some problems:

1) I seleced brtfs for a partition and the installer told me it was going
to install the package btrfs-progs, but failed to do so and I couldn't use
btrfs on tat partition. What I remark here is that it tried but failed. So
either btrfs should not be present in the installer, or the btrfs-progs
package present in the DVD (I may be missing other possibilities)

2)  While partitioning the disks, I accidentally pressed "format" instal of
the button I wanted to really press. I wanted to press the "back" button
but there wasn't any. Once at this point, the only possible action is to
format the partition. Luckilly it was a brand new disk so I lost nothing.

3) This is the most annoying problem I have. Although I configured none of
the local acounts for autologin, there is an account the automatically
logs-in after booting the machines. I see the desktop during a fraction of
a seconds an then an error message that says (in spanisk so my translation
back to english might no the exact): "Something went wrong. A error
happened and the system cannot be recovered. Close the session and try
again." This happens with every boot on both machines.

Should I open bugs? Ideas on how to correct the 3rd problem?

Alejandro.