[Mageia-discuss] Mageia 2 from scratch - problems

Marcello marcello.anni at alice.it
Mon Sep 17 20:45:49 CEST 2012

Il 17/09/2012 15:13, Alejandro López ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I installed Mageia 2 on 2 new systems where no previous installation was
> available. This means it wasn't an upgrade, but a complete install from
> the DVD. While doing this, I fall in some problems:
>
> 1) I seleced brtfs for a partition and the installer told me it was
> going to install the package btrfs-progs, but failed to do so and I
> couldn't use btrfs on tat partition. What I remark here is that it tried
> but failed. So either btrfs should not be present in the installer, or
> the btrfs-progs package present in the DVD (I may be missing other
> possibilities)
>

> 2)  While partitioning the disks, I accidentally pressed "format" instal
> of the button I wanted to really press. I wanted to press the "back"
> button but there wasn't any. Once at this point, the only possible
> action is to format the partition. Luckilly it was a brand new disk so I
> lost nothing.
>

> 3) This is the most annoying problem I have. Although I configured none
> of the local acounts for autologin, there is an account the
> automatically logs-in after booting the machines. I see the desktop
> during a fraction of a seconds an then an error message that says (in
> spanisk so my translation back to english might no the exact):
> "Something went wrong. A error happened and the system cannot be
> recovered. Close the session and try again." This happens with every
> boot on both machines.
>

> Should I open bugs? Ideas on how to correct the 3rd problem?
>
> Alejandro.

Hi Alejandro,

yes, you should open the bug reports here:

http://bugs.mageia.org/

you must use the account created in identity.mageia. for the 3d problem
open mageia in failsafe mode, and start drakconf, you should find an
entry to choose for autologin (i can't remember its name right now).

cheers,
Marcello