[Mageia-discuss] [Poll] What are your top requirements?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 29 17:57:47 CET 2012

2012/1/29 Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>:

> About the poll in general and the other points raised here:
> First I did take part in it, although the points here are valid.
> It is not really fine-grained and some of the points wobo set there as
> possible answers do indeed overlap and others are missing completely.
> And sure: nobody did any kind of market analysis to know, what questions to ask.

It was not fine grained as I would do a poll here or in the packagers
list or similar. It was taken from forum posts of users over a long
time.
Of course some options overlap, for ex: "LTS" and "stable" - how do
you know that users voting for "stable" will also vote for "LTS"? Same
with other seemingly overlapping options.

> And yes, no poll like this can be representative in any way, actually
> it is totally unrepresentative, but it can give us ideas non the less.

Actually you are the first one here who understands this. It was never
meant to be representative at all! it was only meant as a snapshot of
user opinions. Nobody should use this for any analysis or even guide
to somewhere.

--
wobo