[Mageia-discuss] [Poll] What are your top requirements?

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 29 17:44:46 CET 2012

2012/1/29 Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net>:
> Surely you noticed the words "I don't *think* it's how *most* users",
> and how it doesn't mean that I claim to have that definitive knowledge
> you're talking about?
Now calm down, will you?
Fact 1: You did write about "most" users.
Fact 2: I asked you to let us (1) decide on our own how we do function.
Fact 3: You claim, I wanted in some way to represent all users or
decide something for them.
Fact 4: I was just reacting to those strange facts

(1) "us" as in "we are all users" and if I ask you to let "us" decide
anything "on our own", then I do mean, everyone has the right to
decide that for himself and he or she doesn't need anyone, who even
thinks he knows it in advance.

> But more baffling is how you chose to attack that one sentence instead
> of addressing the other remarks I made (including in the very message
> you're responding to). I'm not here to pick pointless fights with
> random people, I gave feedback as a mere user when *asked* to give
> feedback. If you don't want that then please be explicit about it.
> As far as I'm concerned, I gave feedback because I thought it could
> help; I don't have any emotional investment here.
I didn't attack anything, I was just making it clear, that I did not
have the intent to decide anything for anyone. Something you implied
about me.

About the poll in general and the other points raised here:
First I did take part in it, although the points here are valid.
It is not really fine-grained and some of the points wobo set there as
possible answers do indeed overlap and others are missing completely.
And sure: nobody did any kind of market analysis to know, what questions to ask.

And yes, no poll like this can be representative in any way, actually
it is totally unrepresentative, but it can give us ideas non the less.

Oliver