[Mageia-discuss] [Poll] What are your top requirements?

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Mon Jan 30 12:40:03 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:27:41PM +0100, Wolfgang wrote in
<CA+h4nj7Z9ShmSGQA0_8Sz0J-GpBw81fbm8z2NCd64i6C=LMFFQ at mail.gmail.com>:
>2012/1/30 Remco Rijnders <remco at webconquest.com>:
>> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 10:50:16AM +0100, Wolfgang wrote in
>> <CA+h4nj4EwCO4ApLnP2pLQeeZyYX_bZMCHY6iDkF_vKNg-2jiyg at mail.gmail.com>:
>>>

>>> Reading Olav's last 2 paragraphs (especially the one where he only wants
>>> feedback from "the people from the mailing list instead of all users")
>>> tells something, I wonder how those other users in the forum will take
>>> that. But that's not my turf (not any more).
>>

>> Not wishing to take any sides in this, I think you have misunderstood what
>> Olav wrote and derived the wrong conclusion from it.
>
>He wants feedback about something but only from users of the mailing
>list and not from all users. I wonder what I could have misunderstood
>in this sentence. I may understand what he means (something like:
>users of this list are better suited to give usable feedback). But
>unfortunately Mageia users are ALL users so you have to deal with all
>users, calling for feedback from a certain group only (especially if
>it is probably the smaller part) is wrong - that's what I did wrong
>initially with the poll in the forum and that's why I extended the
>call for the poll to the mailing list. I expect developers to have
>this insight as well.

As I read it, he finds the poll itself too vague to be of much use to him
(personally), and would love to hear on concrete things that can be
improved upon. Such feedback *can* come from just discussion on this list,
not *should* / *must*. I understood this to mean that we don't have to
actively reach out to *everyone* and that a smaller list of concrete
points of improvement might be a good starting point.

I don't think Olav said or suggested in any way that the opinion of users
on this list is of greater value or importance to him than that of users
who only read and write on the forum.

Cheers,

Remco