[Mageia-discuss] One Beta more install story

WALKER RICHARD richard.j.walker at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 25 22:21:39 CET 2012

I'm pretty sure I don't know how this relates to 4645, but I have a
gut feeling that there is a link somewhere.
Perceived Problem 1: we have hal, usdisks 1 and 2 pushing and shoving
each other in the scramble to manage fixed and removable storage.
Perceived Problem 2: a manifestation of this we have both seen in
connection with trying to use urpmi after a fresh install. I have to
say that I think my first guess was wrong; this is probably unrelated
to udisks (1) because with only udisks2 installed, the error message
can only have come from a udisks2-related script or binary.
Actual Problem 3: I do not know what tools are thought to be essential
for managing storage devices and I don't know why urpmi should be
trying to use one when all I am trying to do is get a mirror list from
t'internet.

So I suppose the only point of similarity is that we both got the same
error message from two different setups.

Richard