[Mageia-discuss] Team Membership Query

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 26 16:28:54 CET 2012

On 26/02/12 08:04, Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:

> After looking over the teams, specifically it seems that the documentation
> team and packaging teams could fit my core skills.  It occurs to me that the
> documentation team might be more amenable to light contribution than a
> packaging team, but I don't know.
>
> Some challenges are that I am in the USA and it seems that meetings on IRC
> tend to happen at a UTC time when I cannot participate.  I contribute to local
> organizations on a weekly basis, so its not like this would be a primary time
> contribution outside of often extended working hours.
>
> I guess once I get a sense for whether it is reasonable to approach teams I
> could go into more detail about what I can do.
>
> What do you (team leaders/members) think?  Do you appreciate all the help you
> get, or do you need more of the kind of resource where you can make regular,
> specific sorts of assignments that get done promptly.  Do you expect team
> members to be ready to work anytime, or do teams have things to do that can
> sustain more flexibility?
>
> kbulgrien on IRC

The documentation team would be very glad with your help, even if you
can't attend the meetings and although you won't be available on a
regular basis. If you find time to write or enhance one page, that would
already make a difference for the users who read it.

So if you want to join us: you're very welcome :)
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Documentation_team

BTW, there is already one team member who lives more time zones away
from the European continent than you do (JohnR, from New Zealand)

Regards,
Marja