[Mageia-discuss] Handbooks - the lot

Juergen Harms Juergen.Harms at unige.ch
Sat Mar 10 23:13:07 CET 2012

On 03/10/2012 09:52 PM, Anssi Hannula wrote:
> I don't see any duplicates. I do see many 4.8.0 handbooks but those are
> simply not upgraded yet, there is no handbook that has both 4.8.0+4.8.1
> version installed.

You are right, I jumped at the wrong conclusion: the 4.8.0 handbooks
still installed are the ones where no 4.8.1 upgrade was available.

The principal reason why I did this post is the amount (and lack of
control) of kde handbooks automatically downloaded, painful for users
with low bandwidth; that these users need awareness of the bandwidth
constraint has been stated in many threads of this ML. Can this be
improved? - certainly not an issue for Beta 2.

Sure, I need to file 2 (minor) bugs (missing dependencies of handbooks
on the corresponding packages with the software, and unwanted l10n
handbooks - I will do some double-checking)

Juergen