[Mageia-discuss] First impressions of Beta2 (fresh installation)

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Mar 16 16:20:08 CET 2012

Doug Lytle wrote:
> The wireless card I have is listed as Intel Corporation Centrino
> Advanced-N 6200

Wireless card issue was fixed by manually copying the firmware directory
of my Magiea 1 install.  I've also discovered that I don't have any
sounds.  lspci shows:

Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High
Definition Audio (rev 05)

And lsmod|grep -i hd shows

snd_hda_codec_hdmi     36158  1
snd_hda_codec_idt      70197  1
snd_hda_intel          33293  1
snd_hda_codec         126641  3
snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_codec_idt,snd_hda_intel

Volume control shows that I'm using Dummy Output.

Bringing up the PulseAudio Volume Control shows inconsistent drawing of
tabs.  Sometimes they are there, some times they are not.  Make it
difficult working with that.

I'm off to the Magiea BugZilla!

Doug

--