[Mageia-discuss] Libreoffice

TJ andrewsfarm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 23:36:46 CEST 2012

On 04/07/2012 12:21 PM, Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> On Saturday, April 07, 2012 09:15:59 AM TJ wrote:
>> On 04/07/2012 07:35 AM, Morgan Leijström wrote:
>>> I am using 3.5.1 for "serious use" although no complicated stuff.
>>>
>>> It happened that suddenly 3.4.x kept crashing when i copy/pasted in one
>>> of my old documents, possibly made with 3.2, and after manually
>>> installing 3.5.1 it worked all OK.
>>>
>>> So except for possibly having new bugs it also have at least one old bug
>>> fixed, and probably more...
>>
>> FWIW, I had problems with Mageia 1's Libreoffice 3.4.4 Calc crashing if
>> I tried to move a block of cells with the mouse. Might be a related bug,
>> I suppose. The solution for my problem was to remove the libreoffice-kde
>> integration package. Apparently, there were several instabilities
>> related to that package, and its function is more for looks than for
>> utility.
>>
>> It may have been fixed for LO 3.5.x. I wouldn't know.
>>
>> TJ
>
> Could you describe it a little more in details and I will try to test it.

Sure. All I did was select a group of cells with the mouse. Then,
left-click on the group and hold while moving the mouse to shift the
selected cells to another location. In 3.4.4, Calc crashed as soon as I
attempted the last step. Every time. After libreoffice-kde was removed,
it didn't crash anymore.

I read online where other crashes occurred with 3.4.4, and maybe 3.4.5,
under different circumstances in other distros, and removing
libreoffice-kde eliminated them, but I don't remember specifics now.

TJ