[Mageia-discuss] Mageia 2 Experiences

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Fri Apr 27 16:03:10 CEST 2012

On 04/27/2012 09:12 AM, imnotpc wrote:

> Sorry, I forgot to mention that I checked for this and NetworkManager
> is disabled by default. The syslog looks fine right up to the end with
> no failures and only a couple minor warnings. The log ends after the
> system brings up the loopback device. The last line is "Configuring
> wireless regulatory domain  [OK ]

That line wouldn't be in syslog.  It's part of the initialization log
that appears on tty1 and in /var/log/prcsys.  What you want to check is
/var/log/syslog once you have command-line access.  Assuming your wired
connection is eth0, a search on "eth0" should find the entries of
interest.  If you don't find any, then the interface either isn't
configured or isn't configured to start at boot.

If the interface doesn't show up in "ifconfig", then it was never
configured.  In any case, running drakconnect from the command line will
define it; if it's already there, then it will show you the current
settings.