[Mageia-discuss] Internet connection problems with internet 82579LM gigabit network card

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Fri May 4 07:43:30 CEST 2012

Le 2012-05-04 00:49, Marc Paré a écrit :
> I am just installing Mageia 1 on a new Acer VX4618G-Ei3210W desktop and
> all installs well except for one problem. I am hooked into my house
> network but there is no internet access. I can see all computers on the
> LAN and install the printer through CUPS.
>
> The network card is a 82579LM gigabit network card.
>
> Any ideas on a fix?
>
> Marc

I just wanted to add that I tried the connection on a laptop with Mageia
1 installed and it worked well on the same connection.

I also tried a USB wireless adapter on the Acer and it also did not do
the internet, but the wireless adapter was still connected to the
network. Strange.

Here is where I bought it with the specs:
Acer VX4618G-Ei3210W
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=7_124&item_id=045246

Marc