[Mageia-discuss] New Wikipedia Mageia testpage launched (was: page of Mageia in wikipedia (in english) has been deleted)

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Tue May 22 14:04:18 CEST 2012

> On Tuesday 22 May 2012 12:23, AL13N wrote:
>> also, package manager isn't RPM, it's "urpmi (RPM)"
>
> I have to disagree. RPM is the package manager. The urpm tools are just
> frontends for RPM.

i don't agree at all.

automatic dependency handling is code that comes from urpmi and not RPM
(RPMv5 for instance does that in itself).

if Fedora lists yum as package manager, we should put urpmi there.

imho, if rpm doesn't do automatic dependency handling, then it's not a
real package manager (contrary to what it name says), and it seems at
least fedora agrees with me.