[Mageia-discuss] Laptop or Desktop?

Kira elegant.pegasus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 17:08:59 CEST 2012

在 Fri, 15 Jun 2012 23:01:21 +0800, Doug Laidlaw
<laidlaws at hotkey.net.au>寫道:

> A while back, it was announced that there was a Mageia kernel for ARM.
> I believe that it was referring to netbooks, which use a different
> processor.  You wouldn't want that kernel for a laptop.
>
> HTH,
>
> Doug.

No, the netbook version of kernel is already there for a long time.

It's for some notebook with limited resources like ATOM-based netbook.

ARM should be in another individual repository, and ARM version won't
install

because the machine code is completely different.