[Mageia-discuss] Laptop or Desktop?

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Fri Jun 15 18:04:34 CEST 2012

Op zaterdag 16 juni 2012 01:25:58 schreef Doug Laidlaw:
[...]
> There is kernel-netbook and kernel-tmb-laptop in the repos.  There is
> also a kernel-tmb-desktop, that they recommend if you prefer
> performance over battery life. I suspect that if you don't need the
> tmb version, you use the ordinary desktop kernel for a laptop, but it
> is outside my experience.

actually, there's a difference between tmb kernels and others.

tmb is a nickname, and the tmb kernels are tuned slightly differently,
according to that person's wishes. allthough i don't want to speak for him,
i'm pretty sure they are more of a tryout, which he sort of merges in the
normal kernels