[Mageia-discuss] fstab problem

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Sat Jun 16 00:30:39 CEST 2012

On 06/15/2012 08:54 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On 15/06/12 19:13, Frank Griffin wrote:

>> Shortly before release I and others noticed that a lot of basic services
>> that were converted to systemd were no longer starting automatically at
>> boot. I thought that it was fixed, but you might check to see that NFS
>> has actually been started.
>
> Combining replies:
>
> Sander:  nfs-utils-clients wasn't installed on the misbehaving laptop. After installation, all the 192.168.0.40 mounts work, the 192.168.0.200 ones don't.  More digging to be done.
>
> The errors for those two are:
>
> 'mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
> mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
> mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified'
>
> Not sure what I have to do about statd - my efforts don't seem to have achieved much.
>
> AL113N: 'useer' is a red herring :-)  I was typing what I could see on the netbook screen.  This is a new install and I hadn't slowed down the keyboard repeat - doing that now.  dmesg didn't have anything to say, and nfs is in lsmod.
>
> Frank: since the 192.168.0.40 mounts are now working, I think we can assume that nfs is started.  Or maybe not - nfs-common.service is reported as loaded but dead.  I've restarted it, but it has no effect on the troublesome mounts.
>
> Anne

In the failing box, try

systemctl start nfs.target
systemctl start nfs-server.service

If after that mounts work, check all your boxes and re-do something like

systemctl enable nfs.tartget
systemctl enable nfs-server.service

Problem: after conversion from sysvinit to systemd, nfs is not enabled even
if it was before. I suppose this will be fixed.

And don't worry about nfs-common.service. It is dead and removed, but some
other services reference it so it appears in listings. I suppose its references
will be completely removed in next packages... but it doesn't hurt
(apart your eyes).

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...