[Mageia-discuss] fstab problem

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Sat Jun 16 08:43:42 CEST 2012

On Jun 16, 2012 1:36 AM, "JA Magallón" <jamagallon at ono.com> wrote:

> On 06/15/2012 08:54 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:

>>> Shortly before release I and others noticed that a lot of basic services
>>> that were converted to systemd were no longer starting automatically at
>>> boot. I thought that it was fixed, but you might check to see that NFS
>>> has actually been started.
>>

>> Combining replies:
>>
>> Sander:  nfs-utils-clients wasn't installed on the misbehaving laptop.
After installation, all the 192.168.0.40 mounts work, the 192.168.0.200
ones don't.  More digging to be done.

>> The errors for those two are:
>>
>> 'mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
>> mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
>> mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified'
>>
>> Not sure what I have to do about statd - my efforts don't seem to have
achieved much.

>> AL113N: 'useer' is a red herring :-)  I was typing what I could see on
the netbook screen.  This is a new install and I hadn't slowed down the
keyboard repeat - doing that now.  dmesg didn't have anything to say, and
nfs is in lsmod.

>> Frank: since the 192.168.0.40 mounts are now working, I think we can
assume that nfs is started.  Or maybe not - nfs-common.service is reported
as loaded but dead.  I've restarted it, but it has no effect on the
troublesome mounts.

>> Anne
>

> In the failing box, try
>
> systemctl start nfs.target
> systemctl start nfs-server.service
Why start server on client side?

> If after that mounts work, check all your boxes and re-do something like
>
> systemctl enable nfs.tartget
> systemctl enable nfs-server.service
>
> Problem: after conversion from sysvinit to systemd, nfs is not enabled
even
> if it was before. I suppose this will be fixed.
>
> And don't worry about nfs-common.service. It is dead and removed, but some
> other services reference it so it appears in listings. I suppose its
references
> will be completely removed in next packages... but it doesn't hurt
> (apart your eyes).
For me (on mga2) nfs-common is the service that starts rpc.statd - so i
wouldn't call it a dead thing yet, seems to be pretty much needed.

--
Sander