[Mageia-discuss] HP Printer

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Fri Jun 22 23:36:50 CEST 2012

On Fri, 2012-06-22 at 15:36 -0400, Gary Montalbine wrote:
[...]
> I have an LCD monitor.

they still need to be calibrated.

>  This old man is strictly a user. I was hoping
> that someone that was using an HP in Mageia with good results might
> provide a model number.

A google search shows lots of people, including people happy with the HP
Photosmart Plus B209a.

> My needs are simple. I want to
> be able to use it as a copier and most important, is color printing that
> matches within reason the colors on my monitor.

You need to calibrate the monitor properly, so that it displays the
colours that will print.

If you use the printer as a copier, do the colours come out different
from the original?

Without saying in much more detail what problems you are having, we are
trying to use telepathy to read your mind and guess, and it's not
working ;-)

>  My current printer is
> not mageia compatible.

This appears not to be correct - other people are using the same printer
with Mageia Linux.

>  Monitor color calibration will not correct it.

Why do you say this? You may be right, but without knowing what is not
work,ing we can't help.

Some possible problems you might be having:
* you scan an image and the reds come out as blue, and the blues come
out as red.
* you scan an image and the resolution is too low
* you can't scan an image at all
* you print and it comes out in black and white, not colour
* you are printing on office paper and the output is too dark
* you are printing on photopaper and the result is too light
* colours are too saturated when you print
* colours are too light when you print
* you can't print a full-page image
* when you press the copy button on the printer, the upstairs toilet
flushes.

Does the printer work OK on OS X or Windows? If so, with which colour
profile?

Come on, give us a clue :-)

Liam