[Mageia-discuss] HP Printer

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Fri Jun 22 23:48:47 CEST 2012

Op vrijdag 22 juni 2012 15:36:15 schreef Gary Montalbine:
[...]
> I have an LCD monitor. This old man is strictly a user. I was hoping
> that someone that was using an HP in Mageia with good results might
> provide a model number. I am completely lost by all the technical
> specifications listed for each printer. My needs are simple. I want to
> be able to use it as a copier and most important, is color printing that
> matches within reason the colors on my monitor. My current printer is
> not mageia compatible. Monitor color calibration will not correct it.
> Help appreciated.
> Thanks, Gary

consider this:

most printer/scanner/copiers, have a copy button that works without any
computer attached.

to find out if the printer or computer is not at fault, you can just copy a
page.

then as a second test, scan the same page using computer, and look at
difference, then print it out again.

with these 3, you can see that there can be alot of difference. even for normal
users.

but most likely will the copied page and the scanned and printed out one will
look the same.

i'm guessing the monitor is the most likely the one to be wrong in showing the
color, it's also the most difficult one to get right. I've never been able to do
it.