[Mageia-i18n] [Mageia-discuss] Translation -structure

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Sep 29 02:08:10 CEST 2010

Le mardi 28 septembre 2010 à 18:56 +0200, Anne nicolas a écrit :

> > Yes, it really heped us to translate, considering we had one svn
> > account, managed only by me, and aroud 6 translators. SimplePO is
> > really useful for one community like Blogdrake where not all
> > translators know about svn, but It can't manage all translations and
> > all languages.
> >
> > I remember that by the release of Mandriva 2010.1, there were
> > discussions about the use of transifex and I even think it was decided
> > it would be the next framework to use. Could Anne confirm this?
>
>  Indeed. It will help non technical translators. We have a Fedora guy
>  ready to help us to setup it. It should be done as soon as build
>  system including svn is ready

I have discussed of transiflex at FUDCON with a fedora ambassador, and
he told me of the problem they had with upgrade of old version of the
software. So I think we should be sure to use the latest version if
possible.

And also, I think it would be better to package it :)

( we can take fedora rpm, but it requires that someone update to latest
version, iirc, they have 0.8 alpha 2, while 0.9 is the latest one )

--
Michael Scherer