[Mageia-i18n] Tools for translation

Marcello Anni marcello.anni at alice.it
Tue Sep 28 20:39:21 CEST 2010

> Hi,
>
> To choose the right tool to translate magiea and mageia sites, I propose
> you to list the differents tools you use with the advantage and
> disadvantage of them.
>
> For website, blog entry :
> I personnaly use OmegaT (http://www.omegat.org/) to translate. It can be
> used with text files and odt, have a dictionnary included and generate
> an output file in the same format than the entry files.
>
> For string in the distribution :

lokalize is the best tranlsatin tool, i think...

and what about using a web-interface for managing translations? i think
italian kde-i18n team will let you to us using their webiste structure:

http://kde.gulp.linux.it/pacchetti.php?package=121

cheers,
Marcello

PS= i hope that translations of website will be easier than mandriva one as i
would like to avoid to create a local archive of the webiste and translating
each html page