[Mageia-i18n] How to commit translations?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:59:11 CEST 2011

2011/4/4 Blinov Vyacheslav <blinov.vyacheslav at gmail.com>:
> 04.04.2011 17:17, Wolfgang Bornath пишет:
>>
>> 2011/4/4 Franklin Weng<franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw>:
>>>
>>> Okay, so you mean that we don't need to really "mark" the file as okay or
>>> not.
>>> The scripts are not able to distinguish if a file is okay or not, it will
>>> just automatically submit all the files.  Right?
>>
>> I guess so. That's why only committers can commit - they know which
>> files they checked.
>>
>> I don''t know if there is a feature to "mark" files as "finished" in
>> tx - It would come in handy because one part of collaboration is that
>> members of the group spend time checking already translated files for
>> typos or other errors in translation. leaving such a "mark" would be
>> nice and helpful.
>
> IIRC Lokalize can make such a "mark" in po files in each line. However, I
> tested it with transifex.net, tx will dismiss this marks.

Making a mark inside the po file would not be very helpful anyway.

As I said, the main use of such a comment would be for the other
members of the language team.
As long as there is not such a feature in Tx it may be ok for a large
group (like French or German) to list the files in a wiki page and
each member comments there when he has proofread one of the files. The
German team has already done 100% of their translation (and so have
other teams), so there is time enough for the members to focus on
proofreading (before they die of boredom).

This is just a "workaround idea", I'd be glad to see a better solution.

--
wobo