[Mageia-i18n] How to commit translations?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:32:07 CEST 2011

2011/4/4 Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>:
> 2011/4/4 Blinov Vyacheslav <blinov.vyacheslav at gmail.com>:

>>> I guess so. That's why only committers can commit - they know which
>>> files they checked.
>>>
>>> I don''t know if there is a feature to "mark" files as "finished" in
>>> tx - It would come in handy because one part of collaboration is that
>>> members of the group spend time checking already translated files for
>>> typos or other errors in translation. leaving such a "mark" would be
>>> nice and helpful.
>>
>> IIRC Lokalize can make such a "mark" in po files in each line. However, I
>> tested it with transifex.net, tx will dismiss this marks.
>
> Making a mark inside the po file would not be very helpful anyway.
>
> As I said, the main use of such a comment would be for the other
> members of the language team.
> As long as there is not such a feature in Tx it may be ok for a large
> group (like French or German) to list the files in a wiki page and
> each member comments there when he has proofread one of the files. The
> German team has already done 100% of their translation (and so have
> other teams), so there is time enough for the members to focus on
> proofreading (before they die of boredom).
>
> This is just a "workaround idea", I'd be glad to see a better solution.

To show how this may look, here is the example of the German team:
https://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=german_transprocess#korrekturlesen_der_uebersetzungen
It's in German but you may see what the column headers mean:
Project
Status ("translate" or "proofread" or nothing)
Proofreader
Comments

--
wobo