[Mageia-i18n] Norwegian Bokmål (nb) team Status and development

thomas thomas at bjoernvold.com
Fri Apr 8 12:41:50 CEST 2011

The team is established in Transifex and has one member - yours truly.
On Olivers request I pinged the two people that have volunteered on the
wiki. Olorin and Tertitten. I have translated a lot in one operation
because I think it is more efficient to do as much as possible while it
is fresh. Also my time is limited so it makes good sense to get others
in there.

Olorin=Ola Dahlum=odahlum at gmail dot com
Tertitten = Terje Guldbrandsen = tertitten74 at gmail dot com

I have not been able to reach Tertitten yet.

Olorin was very confident that he could do a better job of it than I had
done and was not prepared to discuss on what specific entries the
improvement was needed. In any case he has it all ready made in the
shape of files from the Madriva translations.    There was only one
thing to do: Replace all my translation with his files. In all modesty I
thought I had used the vocabulary from Skolelinux and Mandriva (And
above all the head - a rather underestimated instrument these days;).

*Suggestion:*

Anyway this is good news; olorin clearly indicated his willingness to
take over and provide the data necessary. He has translated OpenOffice
and has a very strong opinion of what is not good enough. And my time is
limited so this is "gefundenes Fressen".
_TODO: Provide a Transfix account for Olorin_
He also indicated that he knows a lot of people so the future of the
team should be in good hands. Also I am sure Tertitten will be willing
to honor his commitment so while I try to contact him we could establish
his account too:
_TODO: Provide a Transfix account for Tertitten._

It is not clear to what extent this will be needed considering the
already translated files that olorin will provide. But one extra person
to do the makeup should be enough.
It might be a good idea to get an overview of what files olorin can
provide -and more importantly- what files he does not have.

So that the team knows what can be translated. This can be done by
olorin providing his files ASAP  - (how much time do we have?), or in
the shape of a list provided by olorin.
_TODO-olorin._

Once that is provided I will stop by from time to time and provide a
modest contribution on those files.

Thomas (Viking60)