[Mageia-i18n] [Transifex.net] Project for training purposes

Jerzy Trzeciak artusek at wp.pl
Tue Feb 1 02:36:15 CET 2011

I have finally created two translation projects on http://www.transifex.net
One of them is Epoll - http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/epoll/
Another one - LemonPOS - http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/lemonpos

I have created Epoll project just to test creating a project :) (read my
former post). I made hundreds of mistakes and it took me a lot of time
to do it (learning is very, very expensive). Now it can be used when
source file, i.e. messages.pot is modified and we will have to update
translations. For training Epoll is not suitable, because almost all is
translated. Well, but when we have more teams...
BTW  Turkish tr.po file does not pass "msgfmt -c" test and requires some
minor corrections. It looks like syntax error.
[Turkish team] please correct it locally and resend to Mageia and to
transifex Epoll project. I made a correction to force uploading the file
to transifex, but I don't know what I really did.

Another project is Point of Sale for KDE. I was looking for such
application after being asked by friend of mine. It looks promising
(app, not a friend). Naturally it needs some adaptation for individual
expectations.

So, to the subject. I think we can start together learning cooperation,
translating online and offline, up- and downloading translation with
transifex.

First step: register yourself at http://www.transifex.net
Then join the projects and we can follow organizing teams, committers
and so on.

After some sleep I will write small HOWTO concerning secrets of transifex :)

Regards,
Jerzy