[Mageia-i18n] Meeting tonight

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 24 14:02:11 CET 2011

2011/2/24 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>:
> Le jeudi 24 février 2011 à 06:14 +0200, Marek Laane a écrit :
>
>> And mailing lists' Sympa interface still waits
>> including other languages besides English and French Sympa is translated.
>
> From
> https://www.mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-i18n/2011-February/000808.html

> Can the interface be translated to my language ?
>
> Yes, it can, for some value of "my language". For now, we just enabled
> en and fr, but if there is demand for others, we can see if this is
> translated or not. If this cannot be, you will have to see with
> sympa.org upstream to push the translation there, and we will be able to
> get them once we upgrade to sympa ( ie, like 6 months to 1 year alter )
> This is potentially frustrating, we know.
>
> If there is demand for a translated interface, we look.
> Corollary, if no one ask anything, we don't look.
>
> So where have you asked for us to add a translation, as I didn't seen
> any demand from anyone about that ?

Yes, nobody asked until now, Marek asked. :)

As I understand (and saw) many languages have a high percentage of
translation we could help upstream to improve their translations and
then  - if the time allows and the moon is in a promising position -
import the language files.
Or are those files part of a whole package which would possibly put
that complex configuration in jeopardy? I am aware that it took some
blood, sweat and tears to get sympa working at Mageia and I don't want
to suggest another take on that :)

--
wobo