[Mageia-i18n] Request of mailing lists for i18n language teams

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Jan 3 02:20:49 CET 2011

Le dimanche 02 janvier 2011 à 22:01 +0100, Jerzy Trzeciak a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Following the last meeting on irc://irc.freenode.net/#mageia-i18n it is
> agreed to establish MLs for i18n language teams.
>
> I know that wobo has already requsted it to misc:
> https://www.mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-sysadm/2010-December/001372.html
> But what is going on with it now?

I guess nothing changed, since I was in holidays for 1 week and half
( Christmas, new year evening, snow fighting ) where I decided for my
own sanity to not read much my mail.

Initially, I was about to take just 4 days off during holidays, but
instead decided to take another week away from my voluntary duty to
watch 27C3 streaming, Twin Peaks, play with SIP/Asterisk, OSPF/Zebra, or
fixing my dying macbook's fan and others highly productive activity.

Unfortunately, as I said in founders meeting ( I think ), mailing list
deployment would requires first some work on identity.mageia.org to
deploy the new version, as I do not want to have endless support
request. I plan to do this during the week, unless others urgent task,
endless meetings or interruption prevent me to do it.

I will send a announce to this list when everything will be created ( or
people can look sysadm ml, where svn commit are sent for the moment ).

> For the time being it is not a big problem yet. However we should expect
> more work for translators soon, and (I think) language specific
> discussions should be addressed to separate MLs to avoid total mess in
> https://www.mageia.org/mailman/listinfo/mageia-i18n

What work do you expect soon ?

And personally, I do not think that -i18n is a mess ( if people use
proper threading, not sure how gmail handle this ), that's IMHO a rather
standard volume traffic when compared to the majority of mailing list of
a typical project.

--
Michael Scherer