[Mageia-i18n] mailing lists for i18n language teams

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Jan 10 01:20:17 CET 2011

Le lundi 10 janvier 2011 à 08:01 +0800, Frank Weng (a.k.a. Franklin) a
écrit :
> Hi list,
>
> I guess for Taiwanese users we need to use i18n-tw at ml.mageia.  Right?

It seems that would it would  be i18n-zh if you speak of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwanese_Hokkien

Now, the question is "when you translate something, what is the name of
the file that you modify", ie what .po. Or how are the lists/group
called in other project ?

Beware to not use tld, that's different ( ie, tld are linked to country
( except for generic tld ), and a country can have several official and
unofficial languages and a language can be spoke in several country with
or without differences )

> However, we already have a google group for discussing l10n issues for
> traditional Chinese used in Taiwan (zh-tw).  Can we just register this google
> group as the official i18n list for Taiwanese users?

I would prefer keep official for lists the sysadmin/web team can manage,
and where the archives are hosted at our server, with our credentials
( ie, we worked quite hard to have a unified login system, and spreading
the list everywhere is just contrary to that goal ).

But I do not remind what was decided about that.

> Or, is it possible to create i18n-tw at ml.mageia and forward every mail to our
> google group?

No. ml is kept for mailling list, not for alias. I would prefer to no do
that.

> BTW, will there be a general site/page for each l10n team?    (Like
> homepage/ways to contact/team info/translation access/member login?)

If people write them, yes. I guess the wiki can host them, once setup
( or the current one, if you do move the page once newer wiki is
installed ).
--
Michael Scherer