[Mageia-i18n] German "Donate" button in donation page

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 18:06:02 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 17:50, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2011/1/18 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Ok. You may as well point out the page where to do the changes and I
>> will apply a sed (will be more practical for everyone maybe?).
>
> I remember the way we used to work on the old Mandriva page:
>
>  - Gaël sent a 'diff -u foo.php' of each english page with changes to
> a web-translator maling list
>  - web-translators had scp access to their language pages on the webserver
>  - web-translators downloaded the corresponding file in their
> language, made the changes, uploaded it again
>  - webserver did a nightly update

Nice process.

> Unfortunately I don't know sed as well as I would like to. Could you
> do with a diff?

I can, but I edit each page that is sent to add placeholder scripts
(navigation, paypal buttons, lists, etc.).

However in the coming platform release, it will be less troublesome as
I expect to provide some tools to allow anyone to see how to
edit/translate and provide the revised copy (actually, a Web URL to
the HEAD revision of the file, with, let's dream, the ability to edit
online and push the change for review/test/integration/prod).

Still, the global diff on each update sounds like a good idea indeed.

I'm merging the recent changes into the new platform and get back to
you about this as soon as I have something to demonstrate.

Romain