[Mageia-i18n] Need clarification about tx and svn

atilla ontas tarakbumba at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 23:35:34 CEST 2011

Hi, I was long time away from Linux and Mageia translations. So, i
missed a lot, Would somebody reply my below questions?

1 - Which one is the base for translations, tx or svn? I mean, which
one is up-to-date sources? Which one i should trust, downloaded tx pot
file or svn checkedout pot file to translate against? I svn checkout
anonymously svn .pos and see that some po files fully translated by
me, as i'm also Mandriva translator, but tx shows them untranslated.
Also, some files are mostly translated, I completed translation, chek
for errors against pot and tried to upload to tx but tx gave me
errors, said that i should check against pot and rejected my po file,

2 - I am Turkish translation team leader substitude also, May i svn
commit if our team leader unavailable, of course with his permission?

3 - How we would manage new translators commits on tx? Is there any
translation approval mechanism or should team leader or me control all
translations?

4- Is there any web interference that a team member can see all
translation status for all packages, like we used to see Mandriva
Translation statistics?

May be there are more questions, but i'm almost asleep. I need your
help on these questions. Thanks to you all.